Literature Review

Introduction

This assignment was on the harder side to do, as it was the first time I had ever had to write an essay that was like this. I think the most difficult part was that on top of understanding the complexities of the scientific reports themselves, I also had to take what I had absorbed from them and relate them to each other. Also, I had never written an annotated bibliography before, so learning how to format it was also on the difficult side. With this assignment, I had learned how to “engage in genre analysis and multimodal composing to explore effective writing across disciplinary contexts and beyond.” This was done as I had to connect four different articles in one essay. I also formulated my own stance by the end of the essay in conclusion based on all the research that I had done. I had to use Academic Commons, as well as Google Scholar/The New York Times in order to find the articles, allowing me to “practice using library resources, online databases, and the Internet to locate sources appropriate” for my assignment. I also had to “strengthen my source use practices,” as I had to “practice integrating, quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing, synthesizing, analyzing, and citing” my sources throughout the entire review as well as the annotated bibliography.